December 7, 2011

peak 8

 So I've been playing around with Dr. Mercola's peak 8 once a week along with my normal yoga asana practice and my bike/walk transportation. i think it's a very good thing. plus i really love to sweat, and not spend hours exercising like i use to. I get the same endorphin rush in 20 min that use to take me 45. and it's kinda fun. I think there are some yoga classes that play on this idea. The obvious is bikram, but everyday in 105 heat, sweating and tearing muscles....just doesn't seem nice. (and all bikram's lawsuits don't seem too yogic.) Some of the flow classes I've loved the must are the ones that start slow, hit an intensity and ends with restoratives. I mainly like the kick-your-ass yogic practices because it is the one thing that will turn my mind off and get me into a meditative flow, followed by a crazy-thought-less savasana. it only takes 30 seconds of intensive movement to get your growth hormone kickin for 90 minutes, so keep that in mind when you are laxidazing on your sun salutes, or doing 40 min of weak cardio. just thought someone might want to know.

also, i got myself a pair of the merrell minimalist shoe, and LOVE them.
http://www.merrell.com/US/en/Barefoot?002=2425238&004=1917908765&005=27938776169&006=9632962205&007=Search&008=&s_kwcid=TC%7C6977%7Cmerrell%20barefoot%7C%7CS%7Ce%7C9632962205

i made these cookies to be conductors of massive amounts of ghee into my body....
they taste like butter crackers in cookie form, kinda. really good tho
i call them sweet ghee vehicles.






AND I ACTUALLY WROTE DOWN THE RECIPE!!

2.5 C almond flour (blanched)
1/2 t sea salt
1/4 t baking soda (or you could prob use a little egg, very little tho)
11 T ghee (what what!)
1.5 T vanilla extract (homemade of course)
1/2 C coconut milk
1 t stevia powder

mix dry around, mix wet around, mix both together.
put spoon fulls on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
flatten with palm a bit
when the oven hits 350 bake them until golden brown edges
(like 10-15 min, depends if you want them cripsy or chewy)

i dotted some with vanilla stevia, some cinnamon.
be creative